Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kitchen Garden Challenge

I have completed two entries for the EtsyPHAT Kitchen Garden 
Challenge!

This is Idea One from my last post, an ornamental garden that 
grows happily in the low light conditions found in most homes.  
It's composed of two seed-grown Hosta and a hypertufa
tray.  A bag of my handmixed potting mix will be included if I
can safely pack it with the other items.



This is Idea Three from my previous post, a gourmet root garden.
It's a new twist on the 'see carrots grow' kit that so many people got
to experience in elementary school, and it has seeds for parsnips,
parmex carrots, and shallots.  The containers included are hand-
cut glass bottles with the edges ground so that they're safe to
handle.  A baggie of my hand-mixed potting mix is included, as well.





Make sure to check out the EtsyPHAT blog for updates on the
other items entered in the challenge!

2 comments:

Julia said...

These are both excellent ideas. I especially like the "watch carrots grow" kit. Good job!

fluffnflowers said...

Someone else thought the same thing! Sold the root kit yesterday. :)