Saturday, July 12, 2008

Up-potting and new bloomers.

I got this Althea Lavender Chiffon about a year ago as a single stick and it's decided to bloom for the first time this year. If it weren't patented, I'd be all over sharing it, but alas... It's a lovely double and very unique looking. It's now a y-shaped stick with a handful of branches, but it's absolutely covered in buds! The flowers are about 1/3 of the height of the plant, so it's very impressive.

It looks a lot like the single Rose of Sharon I've also got. The petals are more ruffledy and the flower is a bit wider, but it's otherwise identical. Except for those little fingers in the center! ;)

I hate patented plant material and would never have bought it on my own. However, it will have a home in my garden for quite awhile.



It also appears that I waited waaaay too long to up-pot my lemon grass plants! I'm ashamed to say that they were pretty root bound and more than ready for new pots. I up-potted two for myself into 10 gallon pots and will be dividing the other plants up to offer in trades and on etsy, so keep an eye open, all of you who like Thai cooking!

2 comments:

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

What a beautiful flower!

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Ah...no luck with lemongrass this year so I'll be checking out your shop.:)