It's officially winter and garden activities have been reduced to clean up and planning for the spring. My biggest project has been moving a massive forsythia that the former owners poorly planted and cleaning out the English ivy that the neighbors have let run rampant.
Here's the forsythia before I cleaned out the ivy around it:
And here it is after I cleaned it out:
After cleaning out all of the ivy, I found that the ivy had caused the forsythia to airlayer itself. This has given me a bazillion forsythia babies, all over 2' tall. I plan on listing those in my etsy shop, at some point.
The plant itself divided into two giant chunks that I have already planted where they will get much more light and, hopefully, bloom more frequently.
I did learn one thing from this entire escapade that I am allergic to English ivy. I will wear gloves the next time I fiddle around with it.
New Blog! Go there now.
7 years ago