Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bounce back!

We just got back yesterday after a week at the Mayo Clinic, and oh my how the gardens have changed!

In a week's time:

  • grass has done some damage in my flower beds
  • my asparagus peas are podding
  • my pumpkin vines spontaneously produced a 10 lb beauty (still needs a few more days on the vine, but it's lookin' good!)
  • little green tomatoes are showing their faces
  • my compost caught on fire
  • my lone hydrangea is in full bloom
  • the first fig of the year was picked
Tomorrow, I'll take some pictures of the upcoming bounty. It rained like the dickens today, so I just took a quick run through the raindrops to check things out.

I may also see about getting my butt in gear and putting together some new kits for my shop. I've been dragging my heels on that, but I have some plans and some inspiration fresh and ready to go!

1 comment:

Sarah J said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Good luck with the garden this week.